Lightroom is our favorite program for editing photos. It provides a streamlined workflow for editing photos. Photoshop can also edit photos, but can often be overkill for editing photos and it becomes very time consuming when editing multiple photos at once. We love Adobe Lightroom presets for getting a great starting point for our edits. Starting with a preset that gets you to 90% of what you want your photo to look like will save you tons of time editing.
Here is a quick tutorial on how to install Adobe Lightroom Presets in 9 simple steps:
- Download & unzip the .zip file containing your Lightroom presets.
- Open Lightroom, on a Mac, click "Lightroom" - for Windows, click "Edit". Click on “Preferences” and then “Presets” tab.
- Uncheck “Store presets with this catalog” if it is checked.
- Select “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”
- Navigate to the “Lightroom” folder and then “Develop Presets”.
- Copy and paste the unzipped folder containing the .lrpresets into the “Develop Presets” folder.
- Finally, restart Lightroom and your Presets will be available to use.